Winter Detox Rainbow Salad paired with Pink Grapefruit & Guava Kombucha
Put all the colours of the rainbow into this delicious detox winter snack!
Recipe by Nourishing Amelia
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 80g quinoa
- 125g broccoli
- 150g red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot
- 50g rocket
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Salt & pepper
1. Add 160ml to a saucepan. Rinse the quinoa then add to the saucepan. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the quinoa is nice and fluffy.
2. Add a dash of olive oil to a large frying pan or wok over a medium heat. Allow to warm before adding the broccoli florets and red cabbage to the pan. Allow to cook gently for around 6 minutes. Then shred the carrot into ribbons using a potato peeler and add to the pan to cook for a further 3 – 4 minutes.
3. Once both the quinoa and veg is cooked, mix together in the pan. Add the rocket and pomegranate seeds.
4. To make the dressing simply mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, honey/maple syrup and salt and pepper and pour over the warm salad. Mix well.
5. Dish the rainbow salad up, finishing with a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds.
Have you tried this recipe? Tag us in your pics! #equinoxkombucha